Only my closest friends and family know I have this condition.
It’s embarrassing and ugly and something I always hide.
Not sure how I came to have it. They say it’s hereditary – but yet no-one else in my family has it.
I’m not sure how it originally came on, but I believe it was when I was around the age of 12. Psoriasis lays dormant in your body until something happens to trigger it. Maybe it was my hormones changing – or perhaps a skin injury. I can’t recall.
The condition is not only a determent to your health – but also your mind. The number of times I have gone into a depressive state because of how it looks and feels I couldn’t even count, as there has been so many.
My skin would hurt, bleed and leave its trace everywhere. The little things became massive to me. And now that I am bearing all, I will put it all on the table.
The things I do:
- Always leave my hair down and long so no one could see it on my scalp and in and behind my ears
- Always have a dustpan and brush with me to clean the bathroom floor (the flakes coming of when you undress)
- Having to vacuum daily to keep the floors clean
- Wearing long sleeve shirts and pants on hot days
- Not participate in activities that would make it worse (sport, relationships etc)
- Having to always wear closed in shoes
- Having to get my nails done with acrylic so it would cover all the pits in the nail bed (on the upside my nails always look amazing!!)
- Not being able to have a massage – my partner has one a week, I just couldn’t bear the thought of what the masseur would be thinking!
You see. I do understand. It sucks.
Thankfully, there is medications and creams out there to help manage the problem. Unfortunately there is no cure so self management of your health, body and mind is vital.
I am on a trial medication that seems to be working, but I still had some big ugly patches. They just wouldn’t budge.
That’s when I got introduced by a friend to Pure Argan oil. The oil comes from a nut off the Argan tree in Morocco.
I found getting a good supplier for this that was affordable and organic was very hard to find and very expensive.
That’s when I found the Australian company Silk Oil of Morocco. I started buying the product there and it was well packaged and presented, and came within a few days via post.
Further investigation into this company, I realised I could join and buy my oil for myself and save 20%. Then I shared the oil with friends who then wanted to buy it so I started earning between 20 – 35% commission on what they bought. All I had to do was give them my shop link and it was that easy.
I then was excited to find out they had other products that also had Argan oil in them! I have now switched to their hair and skin treatment, cosmetics (also infused with argan so great for my skin and healing) , hair products that actually repair your hair whilst looking after my scalp and ears (again infused with argan oil) and skincare.
All a win win for me. My skin is almost under control. completely hydrated. My hair is much healthier, my scalp and ears are clear. And I get paid for using the products!!